Brunots Island Racetrack Circa 1904
Brunots Island is in Pittsburgh, PA. This island is in the middle of the river. This race track was usually used for horse racing (harness) but was used at times for racing autos at the turn of the century. Currently the island is used for power generation from GE gas turbines. The plant was originally owned by Duquesne Electric but it has passed hands to Reliant and now RRI.